Friday, September 26, 2008

Peaches


How many of you can say you canned peaches with your Father-In-Law? BJ's Dad came up to my house today and taught me how to can peaches. I have never done it before, I actually had a lot of fun doing it. The real test is to see if I can do it again by myself.

4 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

Oh yeah...I can things with my father-in-law all the time. We've done everything. That was not true.

I haven't canned anything since I was a youngster. We (my mom and I) used to do it all the time. We would do salsa, tomatoes, peaches, pears, cherries, apricots...you name it we canned it. I don't miss those times. Canning was a lot of work.

Maybe as an adult it wouldn't seem like as much work. I'll have to try it. Invite me over and we'll can something.

Kristin Sokol said...

I have a good name for your blog... how about: Staying in touch with the Staleys or Staring at the Staleys

Karli said...

Woohoo!! They look awesome!

Tamara with a "T" said...

Oh....I'm so jealous. Really. Can I come too? Can we have a canning party? That really sounds like so much fun to me!! BJ's dad sounds like a really nice guy...
Nice peaches...Trish...
No! Not those peaches...the peaches you canned. Get your mind out of the gutter.